Saturday 10 August 2013

Bowen


After starting the day with coffee in bed and then breakfast, we set off on a hike to the lookout and all the various bays. It was a fairly strenuous climb to the WW2 radar site, but well worth the effort. The wind was really blowing so we didn’t spend much time at the top. We explored all the bays on the circuit track, it certainly is a beautiful part of the world.



I had my first photography lesson on the walk today using a small point & shoot. Iain was finding really great spots and then showing me how to frame and compose shots.


 He let me do most of the shooting but every now and then he couldn’t resist taking the shot himself.


After a quick shower, we headed back into town for the coconut and milo milkshake I have been looking forward to ( we had one when we were here last year), we decided that as we had done such a big hike we would treat ourselves to chocolate mudcake as well – talk about sugar overload. A few more things were needed from the shops and then we headed back.


 The afternoon was spent walking to and then relaxing on the beach, we tried the water out but it was pretty cold (Iain maintains that I am a whimp), so I chickened out. We soon got bored just lying around , so went exploring the rock pools again, we found one that was full of sea cucumbers and coral – very cool.
Iain spent the latter part of the day doing a few minor repairs to the car while I packed up and made food. Tomorrow we leave this idyllic little haven and head further north to Port Douglas.

No comments:

Post a Comment