Wednesday 14 August 2013

Noah Beach 12/8/2013



There is nothing more relaxing than lying in the dark listening to the sound of the ocean, so soothing. I had a restless night as usual, so had a lot of time to listen.  We discovered the air mattress had not fully inflated – that will definitely be rectified before we sleep again. We got up just before sunrise and with coffee in hand headed down to the beach for a photo session. After doing all the obligatory sunrise and landscape shots, we headed around the rocks to do some posed shots. It was going very well until I got swarmed by sand flies! We headed back in a hurry and washed ourselves off under our new shower, followed by a liberal spray of bushmans.
The rest of the day was spent relaxing, we alternated between the beach and our campsite. We had a fair few critter visitors to our campsite, checking to see if we had dropped any tasty morsels on the floor. I must say this is the only national park campground I have been to where the ranger has made repeated visits throughout the day to check on who is here.  It must be because you can only book online, no drop ins, and it is a very popular spot.
I have discovered over the past week or so that I can tolerate some wheat products. We have experimented with a few things, today I tried a sour dough breadroll, it was not as well tolerated. My stomach bloated up like a blowfish and Iain was surprised by some of the sounds emanating from my side of the camp! We went for a long walk and run in the afternoon and that certainly helped, we had a light dinner of peaches and organic yoghurt and I feel fine. It certainly will make our life easier if I don’t have to avoid wheat completely.
By 7pm we couldn’t tolerate the bugs anymore so retreated to the tent to catch up on writing and doing a bit of reading.

Photo's to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment