Sunday 18 August 2013

Lawn Hill 17/08/2013



We got up early again and set about breaking camp – well we thought it was early, turns out it was 7.30 and overcast. By 9 we were back on the road and by 9.30 we had made Leichardt falls, we were relieved we hadn’t made it the night before – there were a whole lot of motorhomes parked up. Having a vehicle more off-road capable than most is a real advantage – we headed down the track as far as we could go and then headed out on foot to explore. The river is huge and deep, but was almost completely dry! We climbed down the river bank and did a photo shoot with me against the backdrop of amazing colour and shape rocks, a lot of fun.
 
 
 

After leaving there we headed out towards Lawn Hill National Park. We stopped off at a roadhouse/motel and had a soft drink at the bar. It is wonderful to go to these places and talk to the locals, the publican gave us some really good tips on places to visit that most people don’t hear about. (For my SA followers a roadhouse is not a place that you pull into and they hook trays to your car window. In Aus it is a remote stop – literally a farmers house on the road that sells fuel and supplies.)

As we approached Lawn Hill I was filled with excitement along with a little trepidation. We visited last year and I fell in love with the place – I was worried that it would not live up my memories – so I was very happy when I discovered that it was just as beautiful as I remembered. Imagine our surprise when we opened up the ipad and had 4 bars of internet reception, very random but a welcome chance to catch up on communication and blogs.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment